St Vincent De Paul Bag Packing
A few weeks ago, all the fourth years took part in
bag packing for the charity St Vincent De Paul. I was involved in the 10-12
slot with a few of the other girls. The bag-packing took place in Dunnes Stores
in Cornelscourt.
I first arrived at 9.30 and already the place was
buzzing with eager shoppers. At 9.50 we were given our vests that said SVP on
them, we were also told how to pack the bags and how to interact with the
customers.
We got to work straight away and immediately we
heard the satisfying noise of coins falling into our collection boxes. I looked
around while waiting to start packing someone’s bags and saw sparkling smiles
on all of my friends faces, we all knew we were doing this for a good cause.
I really loved the bag packing, as I got to interact
with different people and I love to chat! Our collection boxes filled up
rapidly thanks to the kindness of the people shopping in Dunnes Stores. It was
a very successful morning and I really loved every minute of it. We raised the
most money ever in the bag packing- 1,800 euros for SVP which was unreal.

No comments:
Post a Comment