Guitar
I have been playing guitar since I was about 12. Up
until last year I played classical guitar which I found a little boring from
time to time so this year I took it upon myself to find a guitar teacher who
would teach me acoustic guitar. My main goal was to be able to play normal
songs on acoustic guitar and sing at the same time. They say men find it hard
to multi-task but I must say that I found it extremely difficult to play guitar
and sing at the same time! So I found myself a superb guitar teacher in The
Everest Music Centre, Bray. Nathan is a fantastic teacher and teaches me how to
play songs but focuses on playing and singing at the same time which is exactly
what I wanted in a teacher.
As a present for doing so well in my Junior Cert, my
parents bought me an acoustic guitar and I could finally get rid of the Spanish
guitar that I had started to dislike playing immensely. I still love my guitar
and treat it as if it is brand new (although it has had a few bashes here and
there). I also received a guitar amp for my birthday which literally amplifies
or makes the sound louder. I have great fun trying out different modes on the
amp!
Although I had been making progress in my guitar
lessons I knew I needed something to challenge me and make me go that extra
mile in my guitar playing. I decided to play the guitar at the music festival
and sing alongside Mia – my musical partner in crime! I practiced day in day
out hoping my guitar skills would be up to scratch compared to the other
amazing guitarists participating in The Music festival. It’s funny because when
I’m singing on my own I have no problem with nerves but with my guitar it’s a
different story completely! It was also my first time playing guitar in front
of a big crowd of people but Mr Drummy did have me playing in the background
while he was making announcements on the inter-com earlier in the day so that
was good practice!! Surprisingly, we actually came second in the group’s
category and I was really proud of Mia, myself and last but not least my beloved
guitar who I have full trust in after the music festival!


No comments:
Post a Comment