Hockey in TY
So far, hockey has been great this year. This year
is my first year on the Seniors and I am on the Senior 3s. There are only a few
TY's on the Senior 3s, these include Mia McCarthy, Mia Finucane, Caroline,
Caitlin, Aimee, Jane S and myself. The rest of the TYs are either on the junior
teams or on The Senior 2s. Although I am not the best hockey player in the
world, I do love the whole team spirit that surrounds hockey and the bond with
my fellow team-mates. Our coach is Sinead Duffy and she works tirelessly in
order to make sure we do our best in all our matches and we really click as a
team. I play in defence and really enjoy my position as it is challenging and
really helps you to truly think about the game of hockey.
Although we can be very competitive at times, usually
we giggle our way through training sessions, joking around, which really
adds to the atmosphere among our team. We are very encouraging of each other
and support each other during our matches. I think it is nice that there are
fourth, fifth and sixth years on the same team as it is great to get to know
people in older years through a sport that we all love to play.
We are in the Leinster league this year and we had
one match so far against Wesley College.
Unfortunately we lost 2-1 which was disappointing as it was one of the
best matches we had played but for our next match we will come back stronger.
I cannot wait to continue playing hockey throughout
TY and hopefully win a few matches while still having lots of fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment