Thursday, 14 January 2016

St. Vincent De Paul hamper packing

   SVP  Hamper Packing
 On Thursday 17th of December, I took part in hamper packing for St. Vincent De Paul along with the fourth years and some 5th years who are on the SVP committee. I have already been involved with St. Vincent De Paul before, doing bag packing in Dunne’s Stores and also volunteering in a thrift shop in Bray for my Gaisce award so because of this, SVP holds a special place in my heart. Hearing about the hamper packing, I was delighted to get involved and couldn’t wait to make people’s Christmases a little brighter. I was on Rebecca Rock’s packing team along with Joshua, Faye, Mark and Brian. Myself and Joshua immediately got to work and quickly got the hang of packing the Christmas essentials in a neat and safe way so that none of the food would get damaged. With Christmas music blaring in the background and the chitter chatter of my friends around it was a buzzing atmosphere.

After we finished packing the hampers we loaded them into a truck to be sent to the SVP society where they distributed the hampers out to families in need this Christmas.
Afterwards, we were treated to hot chocolate and sweets by the Canteen staff for all our work which was lovely.

Hamper packing was an amazing experience and I really hope to continue doing different things for St. Vincent De Paul.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment