Monday, 14 December 2015

Maynooth Open day - A taste of University life.

  Maynooth Open Day


On Friday 27th November, most of the TY’s travelled to Maynooth University in order to get a taste of what Maynooth has to offer. I was very excited about the prospect of seeing a university as I missed out on DCU’s open day due to Work experience. We left school at 9.30am accompanied by Brendan and Ms Maguire and the bus driver battled his way through the horrific Irish weather. We arrived at about 10.15am and immediately made our way to the lectures which we thought would be of most interest to us. Unfortunately I missed the politics lecture but I was very happy that there was other subjects of interest being lectured about. These included; law, English, psychology, and history. I definitely enjoyed the Law lecture the most but the others were quite interesting too.




I got my lunch at ‘The Bagel Factory’ in Maynooth and had a quick look at the facilities. It was so grey and rainy that Maynooth wasn’t shining in as much as its glory as possible but it was still impressive. They even have a ‘Starbucks’ in the library which I must admit I availed of when I was there!


I think everyone thoroughly enjoyed the lectures and the whole experience of seeing Maynooth and talking to the students and lecturers.
The day was made even better when we arrived back at school and gathered to hear what our musical was. There had been such a climax to hearing the musical and we were all delighted (especially the girls) to hear we would be performing ‘Grease’ the musical in February. I think the rest of the school could hear our screaming loud and clear.

Overall Maynooth was a great experience and hearing about our musical was the icing on the cake.   

No comments:

Post a Comment