Sunday, 27 September 2015

The Enterprise Innovation Talk



The Enterprise Innovation Talk.




On Wednesday 16th of September, we had an Enterprise Innovation Talk. I was very interested in this talk as I am taking Business as a Leaving Cert subject. An entrepreneur led the speech and showed us a power-point presentation on setting up our own businesses. I also found this particularly absorbing as I am setting up a mini-company with Jane and Chloe this year. We learnt all about the persistence it takes to come up with a good idea for a business to succeed and to the importance of pursing an idea.

 During the talk we were divided into groups and given one paper-clip and set the challenging, yet thought-provoking task of coming up with as many ideas as possible to turn the paper-clip into something that could be sold to the general public. After an initial slow start we soon came up with at least a dozen usable ideas. This exercise was really stimulating as it opened up our minds to the fact that there are so many unique and exuberant ideas floating around that would be perfect for a business to use. I learnt a lot from The Enterprise Innovation Talk and I will definitely use the tips and advice I gained from it when working on my Mini-Company this year.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment