Eagle’s Flight Workshop
Going into the Eagle’s Flight Workshop I was not
sure what to expect. I had heard from previous years that it was some sort of
board game but other than that I had no idea what I was in for. I was the first
group in so I tried to keep an open mind as I walked into the Halla Nua with my
friends. We were split into five groups and Ger O'Shea, the man presenting the
workshop explained clearly what the game consisted of. The interactive board
game was called Gold of The Desert Kings.
The main
objective of the game was to make your way through the desert without dying and
to collect as much gold as possible. The team back the quickest with the most
gold was the winner. I was on the yellow team with Harry, Sabine, Louis, Marie
and Ciaran. Unfortunately we did not win but we did come a respectable third.
I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop as it brought out the competitive side in all of us and it helped me to make decisions quickly and accurately. The Eagles Flight Workshop also taught me to think about the outcome at the beginning rather than towards the end. I think this workshop will help me throughout Transition Year when making important decisions and working in groups. I also think The Eagle’s Flight Workshop will help me in the future when doing my Leaving Cert and in my future career. From participating in the workshop I feel that from now on I will try to maximise my results and start from the beginning and follow through with all my goals.

No comments:
Post a Comment